Because nonprofits come in different sizes and have diverse technology needs, Microsoft are giving eligible organisations 10 free M365 Business Premium seats to help them become digitally focused.
Microsoft 365 brings together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with simple device management and security to connect people and information in an intelligent new way. It is a powerhouse to safeguard your information, minimize data threats and adds high levels of security management to your NPO. It also gives your organisation access to collaboration tools such a Teams, Office Apps (Word, Excel, Outlook) and increased cloud storage space for backups and M&E responsibilities.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium can also support and increase your ability to use data to make decisions — with your beneficiaries, within your organisation, and with fellow changemakers in your community. It is however, important to understand that a switch to Microsoft 365 is more than just a shift to cloud-based software. Using shared systems offers a number of exciting possibilities in terms of gaining insights into your internal efficiency, your productivity, and your impact!
Here’s what the 10 free seats will include:
|Applications Include||Services Include|
|Microsoft Access (PC only)||Microsoft Exchange|
|Microsoft Excel||Microsoft OneDrive|
|Microsoft Outlook||Microsoft SharePoint|
|Microsoft Publisher (PC only)||Microsoft Teams|
|Microsoft Word||Microsoft Exchange|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||Microsoft Intune|
|Microsoft Azure Information Protection|
|Microsoft Conditional Access|
|Microsoft Conditional Windows Virtual Desktop|
- A single user license to the Windows 10 operating system
- Teamwork and communication
- Web and mobile versions of Office apps
- Email and calendaring
- File storage and sharing
- Security and compliance
- Support and deployment
- Desktop versions of Office apps for PC and Mac
- Advanced threat protection
- PC and mobile device management
Benefits of Microsoft 365
With Microsoft 365, you get an always-up-to-date Windows operating system and a number of other great features. If you already rely on Microsoft for individual software solutions at your organisation, it makes sense to bundle all of these into one solution.
Share and Collaborate
- Benefit from improved collaboration capabilities via cloud computing. Office 365 lets you share, compose, and edit things like documents, PowerPoint presentations, and spreadsheets from anywhere, from any device.
- Use mobile applications (such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) installed across all your organisation’s devices that are protected through the Enterprise Mobility + Security feature. Input, access, manage, and delete data stored on personal devices and across a single system at your nonprofit.
Manage Updates and Devices
- Stay always up-to-date on versions of Windows 10 and Office 365 applications. You’ll also receive all the most recent security updates automatically, reducing costs for IT and overhead. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 or Office 2010. Switching to Microsoft 365 is an easy way to address this issue.
- Centrally manage all your PCs that run Windows 10 within your network using a powerful admin console.
- Simplify the setup and management of employee devices and services.
- Protect sensitive data with Windows Defender Antivirus and BitLocker encryption.
- Protect your company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplify the setup and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
Best of all, the above is only just scratching the surface in terms of what’s possible with Microsoft 365! As your organisation grows, Microsoft has tools like Power BI, Azure, Dynamics 365 and more to help you!
Start Your Application By Checking Your Eligibility With Our Team
What To Do After You Have Received Free Seats?
Once you have been notified that your organisation has received the 10 free seats from Microsoft we recommend that you visit the Microsoft Digital Skills Centre with our TechSoup Africa Regional Partner, to give your staff access to courses that are developed to address nonprofit-specific challenges. The Microsoft Digital Skills Center provides both free and paid courses for nonprofit professionals to learn and to refresh their skills so organisations can become more efficient and more secure as a whole.